- Teaching bachelor courses in IS: Information Systems Security for 3rd year students
- Responsible for the Bachelor Thesis course
- Administratively responsible for Database courses across campuses
- Faculty Representative for the Master of Information Systems Program Council
- Teaching Information Security Management course at the master program in Management Information Systems
- Doing research in particular areas of interest: cloud computing, security, blockchain, smart city, entrepreneurship, and ICT4D
(January 2022 - December 2022): Involved as a collaborator in a prequalification project funded by the Regional Research Fund (RRF) Viken. The project title is "Sustainable and ethical supply chains with AI (SESCA)". The project owner is Orixe AS. I am leading two eork packages on the design, development, and testing of AI motor to make available a process for SMEs to prove their ethical conduct of business processes.
(August 2019 - January 2020): Involved in internal project "Utredning av utlånsordning for lyd- og videoutstyr (ULV)", and my role was to collaborate on identifying requirements specifications and suggesting routines for maintaining the lending of audio and video equipment.
- 2012 - 2016: PhD in Information Systems from University of Agder (UiA), Kristiansand, Norway
- 2006 - 2011: Master of Science in Information Systems from Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT), Alexandria, Egypt
- 2001 - 2005: Bachelor of Business Administration, Major Management Information Systems from Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT), Alexandria, Egypt
- 2017 - Present: Associate Professor of Information Systems at the University College of Southeast Norway
- In January 2016: Part time lecturer in the Department of Maritime, PhD program at AASTMT. I gave 4-lectures course on “research data management”.
- 2012 - 2015: Full time PhD research fellow in the Department of Information Systems, Faculty of Social Sciences, UiA and guest lecturing on cloud computing basics for Bachelor and Master students at UiA.
- 2011 - 2012: Part time Teaching Assistant in the Department of Computer Science, CCIT, AASTMT. I was involved in teaching two courses “introduction to C programming” for bachelor students and “software agents” for both master and bachelor students.
Ahmed, S. U., Nguyen-Duc, A., & El-Gazzar, R. (2020, November). IT Students Project Group Work in the Day of COVID-19: Understanding the Impact and Attitudes. In Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning (No. 4).
El-Gazzar, Rania ; Stendal, Karen, (2020). "EXAMINING HOW GDPR CHALLENGES EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES". Journal of Information Policy, accepted and forthcoming.
El-Gazzar, Rania ; Stendal, Karen, (2020). "Blockchain in Health Care: Hope or Hype?". Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22 (7): e17199.
El-Gazzar, Rania ; Stendal, Karen, (2019). "CLOUD COMPUTING, BLOCKCHAIN, AND IOT: A BLESSING OR CURSE?". In Proceedings of Nokobit 2019, Narvik, 25-27 November.
Johannessen, MR; Berntzen, L .; El-Gazzar, R. , (2019). "A Survey on Smart Cities, Big Data, Analytics, and Smart Decision-making. Towards an analytical framework for decision-making in smart cities". International Journal on Advances in Intelligent Systems, 12 (1 & 2), 27-38.
Berntzen, L .; El-Gazzar, R .; Johannessen, MR, (2019). "Parliamentary Open Big Data: A Case Study of the Norwegian Parliament's Open Data Platform". In: Themistocleous M., Rupino da Cunha P. (eds) Information Systems. EMCIS 2018. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 341. Springer, Cham. (Best paper award) (https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-11395-7_9)
El-Gazzar, Rania ; Wahid, Fathul; Stendal, Karen, (2018). "Unpacking Knowledge on Cloud Computing: An Umbrella Review". In Proceedings of the 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), New Orleans, USA, August 16-18, 2018. (https://aisel.aisnet.org/amcis2018/MetaResearch/Presentations/4/)
Berntzen, Lasse; Johannessen, Marius Rohde; and El-Gazzar, Rania , (2018). "Smart Cities, Big Data and Smart Decision-making - Understanding" Big Data "in Smart City Applications". In Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference on Digital Society and eGovernments (ICDS 2018), Rome, Italy, March 25, 2018 (pp. 7-13). ISBN: 978-1-61208-615-6. (Best paper award) (www.thinkmind.org/index.php?view=instance&instance=ICDS+2018)
El-Gazzar, Rania; Henriksen, Helle; and Wahid, Fathul, (2017). "IT INNOVATIONS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN EMERGING ECONOMIES - IS CLOUD COMPUTING A MAGIC INGREDIENT FOR EGYPTIAN ENTREPRENEURS?". In Proceedings of the 25th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Guimarães, Portugal, June 5-10, 2017 (pp. 1044-1061). ISBN 978-989-20-7655-3 Research Papers. (http://aisel.aisnet.org/ecis2017_rp/68)
El-Gazzar, Rania; Hustad, Eli; and Olsen, Dag Håkon, (2017). "AN INSTITUTIONAL LENS ON CLOUD COMPUTING ADOPTION – A STUDY OF INSTITUTIONAL FACTORS AND ADOPTION STRATEGIES". In Proceedings of the 25th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Guimarães, Portugal, June 5-10, 2017 (pp. 2477-2492). ISBN 978-989-20-7655-3 Research Papers. (http://aisel.aisnet.org/ecis2017_rp/157)
Elgazzar, Rasha Fahim, El-Gazzar, Rania Fahim, & El-Gohary, Mohamed A. (2017). Understanding the Dilemma of the Municipal Solid Waste Management System in Alexandria, Egypt: Could ICT Improve the System?. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries (pp. 816-822). Springer, Cham.
Elgazzar Rasha., El-Gazzar Rania. (2017). Smart Cities, Sustainable Cities, or Both? - A Critical Review and Synthesis of Success and Failure Factors. In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Smart Cities and Green ICT Systems - Volume 1: SMARTGREENS, ISBN 978-989-758-241-7, pages 250-257. DOI: 10.5220/0006307302500257
El-Gazzar, R., Hustad, E., & Olsen, D. H. (2016). Understanding cloud computing adoption issues: A Delphi study approach. Journal of Systems and Software, 118, 64-84.
El-Gazzar, R. F. (2016). Understanding the Phenomenon of Cloud Computing Adoption within Organizations. PhD Thesis: http://hdl.handle.net/11250/2389449
El-Gazzar, R. F., & Wahid, F. (2015). Strategies for Cloud Computing Adoption: Insights from the Norwegian Public Sector. In Proceedings of the 12 European, Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS 2015).
El-Gazzar, R. F. (2015). The Start of a Journey to The Cloud in The Developing World: A Case Study of Egypt. In System Sciences (HICSS), 2015 48th Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 4345-4354). IEEE.
El-Gazzar, R. F. (2014). An Overview of Cloud Computing Adoption Challenges in the Norwegian Context. In Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE/ACM 7th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (pp. 412-418). IEEE Computer Society.
El-Gazzar R.F. (2014) A Literature Review on Cloud Computing Adoption Issues in Enterprises. In: Bergvall-Kåreborn B., Nielsen P.A. (eds) Creating Value for All Through IT. TDIT 2014. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, vol 429. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
El-Gazzar, RF (2014). Cloud Computing Adoption Factors and Processes for Enterprises-A Systematic Literature Review. In CLOSER (pp. 78-87).
El-Gazzar, R. , & Wahid, F. (2013). An Analytical Framework to Understand the Adoption of Cloud Computing: An Institutional Theory Perspective. In ICCSM2013-Proceedings of the International Conference on Cloud Security Management: ICCSM 2013 (p. 91). Academic Conferences Limited.
El-Gazzar, RF , Badawy, O., & Kholief, M. (2010). Agent-Based Mobile Event Notification System. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM) , 4 (4), 25-30.