Professor in work- and organizational psychology
- Supervision of master- and phd-candidates
- Lecturing on work- and organizational psychology in MSH-VAA4300 "health promoting work places", in applied statistics in MSH-OPP4400 "Master thesis", and in Epistemology and Theory of science in MSH-VET4100
- Aquisition of external funding for research- and innovation projects
Head of Research Group in Health Promotion in Settings
- Planning of research strategy
- Representing research group in internal and external fora
- Support of research-related activities in the research group
I have been involved in cross-disciplinary research for more than 15 years. My current research interests are related to:
- Relationship between Work Environment and Worker Health, Productivity and Turnover.
- Management and Leadership research
- Statistical modelling to describe and predict the effects of organisational measures on absenteeism, turnover and productivity
I have previously worked with human-technology interaction and transportation safety with particular focus on sea and rail transport. This have also led to an interest in the dynamics of human work behavior as well as the time-dependency between work performance and causal or contributing factors.
- Professor-competent in Work and Organisational Psychology (May 2011) and in Work Life Research (April 2018)
- Specialist in Research Design and Applied Statistics with particular focus on General Linear Modelling, non-parametric statistics and bootstrapping procedures.
- Experienced in Cross-disciplinary research
He has worked as Professor of Work and Organisational Psychology at USN since May 2011. He was previously employed at the Department of Maritime Operations at USN (2011-2018). He has also worked as adjunct associate professor at the Department of Psychology, University of Oslo (2012-2015) and adjunct Professor at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (2017-2018). He has also worked at AIBN (Accident Investigation Board of Norway) and NSB (Norwegian State Railways).
Awards and Honors
In 2012 he was the recipient of a gift professoriate from Kongsberg Maritime (4 MNOK over 5 years).
He was head of research for maritime research at the Faculty of Technology and Maritime Sciences between from January 2012-December 2016.
He is head of research for health promotion in settings at the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Department of Health-, Social-, and Welfare Studies from february 2023.
He has been head and vice-head of the program board for the National PhD-program in Nautical Operations (Joint Degree) between September 2016 and April 2018.
- PhD in Psychology (Cognitive Systems Engineering) from NTNU, Norway 2008
- Cand.Polit in Psychology (Ergonomics and Human Factors) from NTNU, Norway 2004
- Cand.mag from Akershus College, Norway, 2001