I teach the following courses.
- Supply Chain management (Master course)
- Marketing Management (Bachelor course)
- Entreprenuerial Management (Bachelor course)
- Mentoring Master Thesis candidates in Innovation and Supply Chain Management
I have a Ph.D. in Business Logistics from Molde University College (Norway) and two international master degrees in Industrial Logistics and Economics.
Research Scholarship May 2014 at University of Milan-Biccoca Campus, Italy.
PhD Scholarship 2007-2009, Molde University College, Norway.
The Norwegian Scholarship
The Short-term USAID Scholarship
- Toseef Azid, Umar Burki, Muhammad Junaid Khawaja, Nasim Shah Shirazi, and Muhammad Tahir (2022), Labor Economics in an Islamic Framework, Taylor & Francis Group Publishers, UK.
- Umar Burki, Toseef Azid and, Robert Dahlstrom (2021) Foundations of a Sustainable Economy: Moral, Ethical and Religious Perspectives, Taylor & Francis Group Publishers, UK.
Published Book Chapters
- Umar Burki, Toseef Azid and Robert Dahlstrom (2021). Sustainability and morality. Foundations of a Sustainable Economy: Moral, Ethical and Religious Perspectives, Eds., Taylor & Francis Group Publishers.
- Toseef Azid, Umar Burki, and Muhammad Omer Chaudhry (2021). Sustainability and behavior of Islamic market. Foundations of a Sustainable Economy: Moral, Ethical and Religious Perspectives, Eds., Taylor & Francis Group Publishers.
- Abdulllah Toseef, Umar Burki, and Perveen Ersoy (2021). The socio-economic metabolism of Canada: a case study of energy flows from 1990 to 2011. Foundations of a Sustainable Economy: Moral, Ethical and Religious Perspectives, Eds., Taylor & Francis Group Publishers.
- Eskil Sonju Bruyn and Umar Burki (2021). People, planet and profitability (3Ps): A gender management perspective. Foundations of a Sustainable Economy: Moral, Ethical and Religious Perspectives, Eds., Taylor & Francis Group Publishers.
- Toseef Azid, Umar Burki, and Robert Dahlstrom (2021). Challenges and opportunities. Foundations of a Sustainable Economy: Moral, Ethical and Religious Perspectives, Eds., Taylor & Francis Group Publishers.
- Umar Burki (2018). Green Innovations and Sustainable Supply Chain Management, a book chapter in Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Supply Chains, Ed. Hassan Qudrat-Ullah, Springer Publishers, USA.
- Umar Burki (2017). Inter-firm governance mechanisms and corporate governance: A conceptual view. Research in Corporate and Shariah Governance in the Muslim World: Theory and Practice, Eds. Toseef Azid, Ali A Al Nodl, and Muhammad Azeem Qureshi. Emerald Publishers, UK.
- U Burki, U, and Tahir, M. (2022). Determinants of environmental degradation: Evidenced-based insights from ASEAN economies, Journal of Environmental Management, 306, in press
- Tahir, M., Burki, U., Hayat A., (2022). Natural resources and economic growth: evidence from Brunei Darussalam, International Journal of Emerging Markets, in press.
- Burki, Ali. Burki, U, and Najam, U. (2022). Environmental Degradation and Poverty: A Bibliometric Review, Regional Sustainability, 4 (2), 324-336.
- Burki, U., Najam, U. and Dahlstrom, R. (2021). Measuring Environmental Performance in Business-to-Business Relationships: A Bibliometric Review, Marketing Intelligence & Planning,
- Kanwal, M., Burki, U., Ali, R., and Dahlstrom, R. (2021). Systematic Review of Gender Differences and Similarities in Online Consumers’ Shopping Behavior, Journal of Consumer Marketing.
- Saeed, R., Burki, U., Ali, R., Dahlstrom, R. and Hashim Z. (2021). The Antecedents and Consequences of Brand Personality: A Systematic Review EuroMed Journal of Business
- Tahir, M., Hayat, A. and Burki, U. (2021). Determinants of Environmental Degradation in Saudi Arabia: Exploring the Unexplored. International Journal of Energy Sector Management
- Azid, T., and Burki, U. (2021). How Risky is Risk Management: Case Study of Bupa Arabia. IIUM Journal of Case Studies in Management, 12 (2), 11-23.
- Najam, U., Burki, U., and Khalid, W. (2020) Does Work-Life Balance Moderate the Relationship between Career Commitment and Career Success? Evidence from an Emerging Asian Economy. Adm. Sci., 10 (4),
- Glavee-Geo, R., Burki, U., and Buvik, A. (2020). Building Trustworthy Relationships with Smallholder (Small-scale) Agro-commodity Suppliers: Insights from the Ghana Cocoa Industry. Journal of Macromarketing, 40 (1), 11(4), 110-127.
- Burki, U., Ersoy, P., and Najam, U. (2019). Top management, green innovations, and the mediating effect of customer cooperation in green supply chains. Sustainability.
- Burki, U., Ersoy, P., and Dahlstrom, R. (2018). Achieving Triple Bottom Line Performance in Manufacturer-Customer Supply Chains: Evidence from an Emerging Economy. Journal of Cleaner Production, 197, 1307-1316.
Burki, U., and Dahlstrom, R. (2017). Mediating effects of green innovations on interfirm cooperation. Australasian Marketing Journal, 25(2), 149-156.
- Toon, M. and Burki, U. (2019). “Market Knowledge and Governance Choice in International Marketing Alliances: Implications for Export Performance," a full paper at ANZMAC, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Burki, U. and Dahlstrom, R. (2019). “Market Knowledge, Learning and Product Strategies: Implications for Competing in Complex, Global Markets,” a special session and paper presentation at American Marketing Association (AMA) at Austin, TX., USA.
- Burki, U. and Toon, M. (2018). "Measuring the Impact og Supplier Specific Assets and Business Culture on the Asian-Asian and Asia-Western Export Relationships,” a full paper at the 47th EMAC Annual Conference, Glasgow, UK.
- Burki, U. and Dahlstrom, R. (2016). “Do Environment Sustaining Practices Mediate the Relationship between Top Management Commitment and Customer Cooperation?”, a full paper presented at the 5th World Conference on Productin and Opertations Management, Havana, Cuba.
- Burki, U. (2015). “The Moderation Effect of Culture on Export Performance: Evidence from the Asian Exporting Relationships”, a full paper presented at the 13th workshop on international management, hosted by the department of Management, Universiyt of Venice, Italy.
- Burki, U. (2015). “Do green supply chain management practices affect environmental performance in B2B relationships?”, a full paper presented at the 22nd EUROMA 2015 conference hosted by University of Neuchetel, Switzerland.
- Burki, U. (2015). “Impact of Environmental friendly Antecedents on Environmental Performance: Evidence from Turkish Manufacturing firms”, a full paper presented in at the Annaul Johan Arnt conference at NHH, Norway.
- Qureshi, M. A., Rizwan, B. and Burki, U. (2015) “Conceptualizing Capital Flight: A Systems Perspective”, a full paper presented at the System Dynamics Society Annual Conference Proceedings, held at MIT, USA.
- Soetanto, Krisna, Burki, U. and Ozturkoglu, Y. (2014) “Accomplishing Environmental Performance in Third Party Logistics (3PL) Providers”, a full paper presentation at the 21st EurOMA 2014 conference hosted by University of Palermo (Italy) from 20th -25th June, 2014.
- Burki, U. and Kadic-Maglajlic, S. (2013) “An Islamic Prespective on Salesperson's Intentions to Behave Ethically”, at the 4th Global Islamic Marketing Conference, to be held in Istanbul (Turkey) from 29th-30th May, 2013.
- Burki, U and Buvik, A. “Does Market Knowledge diminish the extent of Formal Contracting in International Buyer-Supplier Relationships?” a full paper presentation at the 42nd EMAC (European Marketing Academy) 2013 conference hosted by Istanbul Technical University, (ITU) from 4th June-7th June, 2013.
- Burki, U. “Does Business Culture Similarity enhance Performance in the Asian Buyer-Supplier Dyads?” a full paper presentation at the International Research Conference on Contemporary Management Practices (IRCMP) hosted by Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Pakistan from January 17-18, 2013.
- See Cristin https://wo.cristin.no/as/WebObjects/cristin.woa/wa/fres?sort=ar&pnr=331273&la=no&action=sok